Beatriz

Is it harder for gay people to find a long term partner?

Beatriz
Posted (edited)

I have a question I've been thinking about for a while... Is it harder for gay people to find a long term partner, than it is for straight people? And if that is the case, why is it?

I'm not referring to casual dates or hookups, but to long term/exclusive relationships.

From what I've seen in and around my friend group, most of the relationships only last a few weeks or months. Is it just common in the gay scene that a lot of people just want to have sex and then they move on? Or are my friends simply unlucky when it comes to love? :(

I´d love to read about your experience, and particularly from gay people!

:kissing_heart:

Edited by Beatriz

angelboi
Posted

What you haven't said is whether your friends are actually 'looking' for love or just playing the field. For me, it all boils down to the intention.  Agree, yes it is more difficult to find someone, especially if you don't live in a big city with a gay scene or community, but whatever the sexuality, if you're both looking for the same thing and it works, then it works.  If it doesn't, then you're probably gonna fuck and move on, no point hanging around if you're not compatible.  

leoen
Posted
sometimes, will be lucky.